As cities and provinces across Canada slowly reopen, there are many ways to enjoy the warm sunny weather while staying safe and healthy. Enjoy a socially distanced picnic with friends at a park or dine at your favourite local patio to celebrate the season and a change of scenery.
To help prepare you for your upcoming summer plans, we have put together a list of essentials and health tips so you don’t have to stop having fun.
Summer Essential #1: Socialize Safely with Masks or Facial Coverings
It is recommended that masks or facial coverings are used to reduce the risk of transmission of COVID-19, especially while indoors or in enclosed parking structures. At Hillcrest Mall, wearing a mask or facial covering is recommended, not mandatory; however they are required in all elevators and washrooms.
To help you select the perfect mask, here is a list of stores at Hillcrest where you can find a variety of reusable masks:
Hudson’s Bay • 905-883-1222
Reitmans • 905-770-3870
Roots • 905-884-3285
Old Navy • 905-770-2951
Shop all face masks & coverings here.
Summer Essential #2: Hydrate Your Skin
Although masks are important to keeping you and others safe, the frequency of wearing face masks may cause irritations and inflammations due to sweat and build up. If you’re prone to skin irritation, balms, salves, and hydrating lotions are important must-haves for your summer skin routine.
Apply a thin layer of balm before putting on your mask or face covering. This will help create a thin moisture and protective barrier between the mask and your skin.
- Province Apothecary Protecting and Restoring Face Balm available at Hudson’s Bay
- NUXE Reve De Miel Ultra Comforting Face Balm
Strengthen your skin and texture by keeping it balanced and hydrated with a lotion or toner. It’s important to also use gentle skin cleansers to avoid dryness and inflammation during this time.
- The Body Shop Shea Nourishing Dry Oil
- Shuseido Hydrating Lotion available at Hudson’s Bay
Summer Essential #3: Select Breezy Summer Silhouettes
Warm Summer days call for comfortable, breezy silhouettes and fabric. Summer staples include button-ups and oversized shirt dresses for lounging outdoors at your favourite patio restaurant or at the beach.
Choose a linen or light cotton fabric for when the temperature rises during the day. For nighttime, swap out your shoes or accessories for an elevated look.
- H&M Linen-Blend Shirt Dress
- Aldo Nasua Wedge
Summer Essential #4: Opt for Functional & Practical Pieces
If you’re heading outdoors, you’ll want to bring only the functional and practical items to save space and to avoid carrying an oversized bag.
Whether it is an impromptu picnic or a weekend road trip, don’t forget to bring sun protection items such as your sunglasses and SPF. Store these items in a stylish and large storage canvas tote bag, along with a beach towel that may come in handy wherever you go. Keep your drinks cold and refreshing in a tumblr and utilize light-weight reusable utensils to avoid waste outdoors.
- Topshop Fenn Fringe Tote Bag available at Hudson’s Bay
- Roots Cabin Beach Towel
Summer Essential #5: Shop and Earn Points with RBC Rewards
In today’s reality of COVID-19, many consumers and shops are opting for digital solutions over cash and cheques. With an RBC Card, you may enjoy the following benefits from now until July 31, 2020:
- Receive 30% more value at restaurants across Canada (including takeout) when you pay in-store with points.
- List of restaurants available for take out can be found here.
- Save 30% when you redeem RBC rewards points for select gift cards from across Canada, including an OxfordPlus Gift Card.
- Save 30% when you redeem a Petro-Canada gift card and get 30% more value when you pay in-store with RBC Rewards points through your RBC wallet app at a Petro-Canada location.
- Get 30% more value when you pay in-store with points at retailers across Canada where tap payment is accepted.
To learn more, please visit: rbcrewards.com
How to plan for your visit
If you’re planning to visit us soon, please read our safety guidelines for how we are dedicated to keeping you safe: here.
We understand you may have questions prior to your visit. Please text 226-210-1015 and our Guest Services team will answer your questions during mall hours.