Hillcrest takes pride in its growing sustainability program and understands its responsibility in regard to future generations. We are proud to share that in 2017, Hillcrest received a BOMA Best Gold Certification (2017-2020). BOMA BEST ®.
- Hillcrest provides numerous garbage disposal throughout the property. Interior containers are comprised of three bins for the disposal of paper, recycling, and garbage.
- Our waste container program consists of three compactors where we capture glass, cans, bottles and plastic. Additional we separate organic and cardboard collection. In 2016, we implemented a tray return system in the food court. All of the aforementioned programs have resulted in a diversion rate of 86% (as of March 31, 2017) equating to the saving of:
- 550 trees
- 730,000 litres of water
- 112,000 kwh of energy saved
- 35 metric tons of organics diverted from a landfill
- Bicycle racks are located at Entrances 1, 3, & 5.
- Car Charging located outside Entrance 6
Hillcrest has a fully integrated recycling program involving both retailers and customers. There are recycling bins in the Food Court and throughout the mall for our customers’ use.